Wednesday, January 22, 2020

Week 2 Reading Overview



Choose from CLASSICAL and/or BIBLICAL units for Weeks 3 and 4.

Week 3: Adam & Eve

Week 4: Homer's Illiad

Choose from MIDDLE EASTERN and/or INDIAN units for Weeks 5 and 6.

Week 5: Ancient Egypt

Week 6: Life of the Buddha

Choose from ASIAN and/or AFRICAN units for Weeks 7 and 9. [Week 8 is review week.]

Week 7: The Monkey King

Week 9: Ozaki

Choose from NATIVE AMERICAN units for Weeks 10 and 11.

Week 10: Apache

Week 11: Inuit (Eskimo)

Choose from BRITISH and/or CELTIC units for Weeks 12 and 13.

Week 12: Robin Hood

Week 13: King Arthur

Choose from EUROPEAN units for Weeks 14 and 15.

Week 14: Ashliman (Rumpelstiltskin)

Week 15: Librivox
Disney's Robin Hood (my Week 12 Reading)
The unit that I am looking forward to the most in this course is the Middle Eastern and Indian Units as both of the topics I selected are major historical stories that I would love to research. As for topics not covered in the book, it would be nice to have a section on Aztec and Mayan mythology as it is the only mythology not listed that I know. The story I would like to look into the most is the story of Robin Hood as I am extremely familiar with the subject matter having watched the Disney interpretation near a hundred times as a kid and read the Howard Pyle Robin Hood for a report in middle school. 

No comments:

Post a Comment